Please note any items which are deep fried in our deep fat fryers may contain residues from ANY ONE of the 14 allergens in the oil.
For example we deep fry our sesame prawn toast and therefore sesame seeds, crustaceans, milk, eggs, soya, and cereals containing gluten may still be present in the oil.
Due to the nature of our cooking and frying we cannot guarantee our food is 100% free from these allergens and therefore we would prefer that you choose items which are cooked individually in the wok, i.e. stir frys or steamed in our steamers. For a list of items which are deep fried please click here.
Deep fried items are cooked in oil which may have previously cooked food with any of the 14 declared allergens are listed below:
All battered chicken dishes including katsu chicken
All battered seafood dishes, i.e squid, king prawns
All chi yim dishes
All satay skewered dishes
All Duck dishes
All Crispy veggie duck dishes
All fried Dim sum items
Crispy dough stick cheung fun
Hunan Chilli dishes
Hot pot dishes
All Lobster dishes
All char sui pork dishes
All Pork Spare ribs dishes
Prawn cake dishes
All Tofu dishes except 'Ma po'
All crispy noodle dishes
- Parent Category: FOOD FOOD
Allergy and food intolerances
Please let us know if any of your group has any allergies and food intolerances before you order.
We have a gluten free menu available in the restaurant and online.
We also have an allergy booklet available in the restaurant, which list which dishes contain any of the 14 allergens required by the Food Standards Agency.
With some many dishes on offer and with 100s of ingredients used, we will try our best to serve you Chinese food that meets your requirements in particular those that are not included in the 14 statutory allergens.
As there are many dishes which can be individually cooked in the wok we can exclude certain ingredients or include if you like.
Please ask for a member of our team to assist you whilst ordering.
The 14 declared allergens are listed below:
List of 14 Allergens
Food ingredients that must be declared as allergens in the EU
1. Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats or their hybridised strains, and products thereof, except:
(a) wheat based glucose syrups including dextrose
(b) wheat based maltodextrins
(c) glucose syrups based on barley
(d) cereals used for making alcoholic distillates including ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin
2. Crustaceans and products thereof
3. Eggs and products thereof
4. Fish and products thereof, except:
(a) fish gelatine used as carrier for vitamin or carotenoid preparations
(b) fish gelatine or Isinglass used as fining agent in beer and wine
5. Peanuts and products thereof
6. Soybeans and products thereof, except:
(a) fully refined soybean oil and fat
(b) natural mixed tocopherols (E306), natural D-alpha tocopherol, natural D-alpha tocopherol acetate, and natural D-alpha tocopherol succinate from soybean sources
(c) vegetable oils derived phytosterols and phytosterol esters from soybean sources
(d) plant stanol ester produced from vegetable oil sterols from soybean sources
7. Milk and products thereof (including lactose), except:
(a) whey used for making alcoholic distillates including ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin
8. Nuts, namely: almonds (Amygdalus communis L.), hazelnuts (Corylus avellana), walnuts (Juglans regia), cashews (Anacardium occidentale), pecan nuts (Carya illinoinensis (Wangenh.) K. Koch), Brazil nuts (Bertholletia excelsa), pistachio nuts (Pistacia vera), macadamia or Queensland nuts (Macadamia ternifolia), and products thereof, except for nuts used for making alcoholic distillates including ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin
9. Celery and products thereof
10. Mustard and products thereof
11. Sesame seeds and products thereof
12. Sulphur dioxide and sulphites at concentrations of more than 10 mg/kg or 10 mg/litre in terms of the total SO2 which are to be calculated for products as proposed ready for consumption or as reconstituted according to the instructions of the manufacturers
13. Lupin and products thereof
14. Molluscs and products thereof